FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ABOUT DS&vT PIECES
Do you mount all the animals yourself?
– Off course. If you buy an original DS&vT you can be sure you have a unique item.
Where did you get these animals?
– Animals also die. DS&vT has very good connections with zoo's, breeding farms, animal shelters and hobbyists all over Europe. They'll get in touch with us when an animal dies. If it is interesting for our collection we will hit the road to buy it from them before anyone else does.
Is this really legal?
– Yes. We would not do it if it weren’t. Having said this, in rare cases, some countries have their own restrictions. Make inquiries for your country if you have any doubt.
Is maintenance required on DS&vT pieces?
– Yes. But not a lot. We'll add a document with all our items telling you what to do.
Can I negotiate on an item?
– In general it's a No. We do a lot of thinking about pricing our items. Each piece took us a lot of time to create. Not only mounting the animals, but also finding and collecting all the materials we work with. DS&vT pieces are all unique and well made.
What payment methods do you accept?
– We accept bank transfer and PayPal. Please inquire for other methods. Credit Cards i.g. can be used if you purchase via 1stdibs.com
Are items available for rent?
– No. We create our pieces for only one final owner.
Do you accept returns?
– No. We cannot take returns. This also counts for damaged items that left our workshop in good condition. However. You can always claim these issues with the shipping company and we will be glad to assist you.
Do you also buy items?
– Yes. We are also collectors of Antiques & Design. Also, if you have any special dead animal to offer please get in contact with us. But we will only be interested if its legal and if it comes with the right paperwork.
Do I have to pay tax?
– It depends on where you live. Please inquire.
Do you ship anywhere?
– Yes. If it's legal. In some cases, countries may have restrictions on some materials or animals. If this is the case we will not sell, or ship it to you.
How long does it take to ship?
– It depends. All depends on destination and size of the goods. Shipping by boat sometimes is cheaper. But will take longer. Shipping by plane will arrive at your door faster. Also, many items need special crating because of the fragility. So, it can take a few days up to four weeks or more.
Can I also pickup my bought piece?
– Off course you can. But make sure to make an appointment first. In order to avoid potential disputes, you or whoever picks it up should carefully inspect your piece to guarantee its condition before it leaves our workshop of showroom. When the item arrives at your place inspect it again and make sure it is in the same condition as before it took off.
Can I arrange my own shipping?
– Off course. In order to avoid potential disputes, a shipper or whoever picks it up should carefully inspect your piece to guarantee its condition before it leaves our workshop of showroom. When the item arrives at your place inspect it again and make sure it is in the same condition as before it took off. Also, be sure to get a clear understanding of the shipping companies insurance coverage and policies if something were to go wrong.
Do you do delivery yourself?
– Yes, we can arrange a white glove delivery. White glove delivery means we will pack and bring your item ourselves. We will also take care of installment of the item. White glove service and expenses will be charged extra.
Why is shipping sometimes so expensive?
– Although we only charge you what shipping company charges us we agree that shipping is expensive. The reason for this is that our items need special care. As you can imagine everything in our collection is very fragile. It needs proper tailor-made packing or crating and handling should be done with great care. A 'FRAGILE' sticker will not be enough to get your beautiful item at your door in one piece.
Is the item insured for shipping?
– Insurance is optional. But we do really advise you to do so.
Can I schedule a delivery date?
– All depends on the shipping method. White glove delivery always is by appointment. But shipping with other shippers is often more difficult. But get in touch with us and we'll see.
Is the item packed safely for transport?
– Yes. We take great care in packing your DS&vT piece in the best possible way. On the crate or box we always add a document to tell you how to unpack the item. Read and follow it very carefully. Doing things in the wrong order can really damage the item.